Mein Chat-Partner kann keine Verbindung zur Live Lesson herstellen
If you are in the Waiting Room and you can see that your student is online, but they are not joining the lesson, your student might have trouble connecting. Auch während der Live Lesson können plötzlich Ton und/oder Video unterbrochen werden. This can be very frustrating. Especially if the student is still new to Chatterbug.
As you are the Chatterbug expert please help them by using the following troubleshooting techniques.
Guide your student by asking these questions
- Ask the following questions through the Chatbox, you can even simply copy-paste them, one after another:
- Are you using a laptop or a computer? Unfortunately, mobile devices are not supported.
- Are you using Google Chrome or Firefox as browser? Weil z.B. Safari wird nicht unterstützt wird.
- Please check if your browser permits Chatterbug to access your webcam, speakers and headphones. In case you don't know where to find your browser settings, have a look here, just copy-paste the link in a new browser tab: https://help.chatterbug.com/l/en/article/nl2f2fytec-live-lesson-issue
- Please test the quality of your internet connection here: https://speed.chatterbug.com (copy-paste the link in a new browser tab!). Ist die Verbindung stabil? Welche Werte werden angezeigt? Alles über 4 Mbps Download und über 2Mbps Upload ist ausreichend für eine eine Live Lesson, doch je höher die Download/Upload-Geschwindigkeiten, desto besser ist die Qualität.
- Have you closed other apps and sites that had access to your video and microphone in the past? Sound and video issues can also occur because some applications on a computer can capture/lock a microphone, sound or camera for themselves only. That's why sound can be perfect in one app, but later fail to connect via Chrome and vice versa.
- Please refresh the page.
- Please restart your browser.
- Please restart your computer.
You might want to check on your connection at the same time, to make sure everything is fine on your side.
What if none of these questions solve the problem?
- Es kann erstaunlich sein, wie viele Probleme der einfache Neustart deines Computers bewirken kann. Wenn trotzdem keiner der oben genannten Tipps hilft:
Communicate with the student
- Let them know you're sorry you two can't connect.
- Tell the student to get in touch with our Customer Support to find a solution, either through the yellow chat symbol on their Dashboard or per email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact tutor management
Send as a short message informing us about what happened. In order to investigate the problem, we need:
- Your student's username.
- Which of the above steps have you tried? Did you and the student refresh? Did you and the student take a speed test? Did you restart your browser? etc.
- Add a screenshot of what you are seeing. Does everything look normal or do you see something unusual, e.g. error notifications?
- Add a screenshot of your Chatterbug Speedtest so we can see immediately that it was not a problem with your connection.