My student can’t connect to the Live Lesson
If you are in the Waiting Room and you can see that your student is online, but he/or she is not joining the lesson your student might have trouble connecting. You can also experience connection problems during the Live Lesson, if your sound and video gets interrupted. This can be very frustrating for them, especially if they're still new to Chatterbug. As you are the Chatterbug expert please help them by using the following troubleshooting techniques.
Guide your student by asking these questions
Ask the following questions through the Chatbox, you can even simply copy-paste them one by one:
- Are you using a laptop or a computer? Because mobile devices are not supported.
- Are you using Google Chrome or Firefox as browser? Because e.g. Safari is not supported.
- Please check if Chatterbug can access your webcam, speakers and headphones. In case they don't know where to find the settings of their browser, send them the following link: How to connect for students
- Please test the quality of your internet connection via the Chatterbug Speedtest. Is the connection stable? What values do show up? Anything above 4Mbps Download and above 2Mbps Upload allows you to have an ok live lesson, but the higher the Download/Upload rates, the better your experience.
- Please restart your browser.
- Please restart your computer.
You might want to check on your connection at the same time, to make sure yours is fine.
What if none of these questions solve the problem?
It can be surprising how many problems restarting a computer can solve. But if none of the above tipps help:
- Let them know you're sorry you two can't connect.
- Tell them to get in touch with our Customer Support to find a solution, either through the yellow Chat Symbol on their Dashboard or per email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Take action and write to us, too! We appreciate if you send as a short message informing us about what happened. Depending on the situation you can add a screenshot of your Chatterbug Speedtest so we can see immediately that it was not your connecion's problem but that the student needs further support.