Setting up your Digital Classroom
Are you ready to tutor a Live Lesson? For every lesson, you'll have to set up your digital 'classroom'. Here is a short check list for you to go through before getting started:
- Use a computer or laptop with Chrome or Firefox.
- Are you in a quiet area with a clean and non-distracting background? Are you well lit?
- Is your computer/laptop on a stable surface?
- Make sure to use headphone with an integrated microphone.
- Reassure yourself you have a fast and reliable internet connection (Minimum download: 4Mbps / Minimum upload: 2Mbps. Test your speed here).
- Do you have easy access to the HelpDoc: My Student Can't Connect? Just in case you need to help out the student.
- You can find more details on the tutor setup requirements here.
- Do the Chatterbug Audio & Video Check.
- Stick the Small Talk Cheat Sheet on the wall near your computer screen.
- Keep in mind the tutor responsibilities during Live Lessons.
Once you have gone through this checklist, you are all set to tutor!
If we haven't answered your questions here, please write to us via the yellow chat box on your dashboard or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.