Chatterbug Community Forum and your Tutor Profile
The Community Forum
The Community Forum is a place for our students, tutors and Chatterbug staff to connect.
- Students can schedule lessons with tutors directly via the Community Forum. So if they see that you post a lot of great content and advice, or have an interesting profile, then they can immediately request a lesson with you!
- You can communicate with other tutors and Chatterbug staff privately in the "Tutors only" category. This is handy if you have technical issues or want to ask us a question regarding payments, appointments and so on.
- Students can ask grammatical questions, share some learning tips, and link up with Chatterbug peers.
You can access the Community Forum through the “Community” link in the top right corner of your dashboard.
Show students more about you and your background through your Tutor Profile! We urge you to fill this out as soon as possible and keep it updated.
How to set up your profile
- Go to the Community Forum
- Click on “Tutor Introductions” on the left side. Select the corresponding language depending on whether you will tutor German, French or Spanish. If you'll tutor English for Spanish speakers, choose "Presentación de tutores".
- Click on the red “New Topic” button on the top right corner
- Give a title to your intro, e.g. “Janina from Germany”
- Write some things about yourself (see the example below)
- Click on the “Create Topic” button
Once it's been approved by us, your Profile will become accessible via the drop down menu on your dashboard. It can take up to one working day before your profile is approved. Afterwards, students will also be able to see your profile when they click on your image in the Community Forum.
Another plus to Tutor Profiles is that once your profile has been approved, you can upload a photo directly to your Chatterbug profile!
Follow the link to see what Sarah's Tutor Introduction in the Community Forum looks like.
And this is how her Tutor Profile looks like from a student viewpoint:
Add a picture
Once your profile is approved, you can upload a photo directly from your device to your profile. Just open your Profile Page 👉 click on the red button that reads "Edit my profile" 👉 click on the profile picture to change your avatar.
Edit your introduction
- Open your Tutor Profile and click on "Edit your introduction post here" below all the text. By clicking on it it will lead your straight to your introduction post in the Community Forum.
- Once you opened your introduction post in the Community Forum, click on the little pencil, that is on the very right, next to the date when you published your introduction (watch out: not the pencil next to your name / the titel!)
- Edit your post and don't forget to save it.
Students can directly book Live Lessons with you
When they click on your image in the Community Forum, students will be able to see your profile, schedule lessons with you directly via the "schedule" button, and favorite you via the "favorite" button. If they see that you post a lot of great content and advice, or have an interesting profile, they will have all the more incentive to immediately request a lesson with you!